Many employers seek to encourage charitable contributions made by matching their employees donations. Through a matching gift, you can instantly double or even triple your contribution. So if you can afford to give 100 dollars, the charity will receive 200 dollars.
If you are interested in making a matching donation, here are five easy steps:
- Contact your Human Resources department or corporate foundation to make sure your company has a matching donation policy. There is usually a limit to the amount your employer will match each year (between $500–$3000 is typical).
- If your company has a matching donation program, inquire as to what paperwork is required to make a matching donation.
- Fill out the appropriate form(s) provided by your employer and submit them to your HR department or corporate foundation for processing.
- Contact us if you need assistance filling out the appropriate forms.
- Please send gifts or forms to: SeaShare, 600 Ericksen Avenue NE, Suite 310, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
We will send you an acknowledgment of your generous tax-deductible contribution. Thank you for donating to SeaShare!